Thursday, December 4, 2014

DIY BLANKET SCARF!

     

Hello pretty people! I have been obsessing over the whole blanket scarf trend! Of course, my love for blanket scarves started on Pinterest , as most of my fashion obsessions do. I saw all these fabulous women rocking these beautiful and cozy scarves so obviously I had to get my hands on one! When I went searching online for one of these scarves I found that they were quite pricey and definitely out of my price range. So I took matters into my own hands... and decided to make a blanket scarf ON MY OWN. Now don't be alarmed, if you are not a sewing guru... I'm not either. So this NO SEW blanket scarf is perfect!

       This is the beloved Zara blanket scarf that I was obsessing over, but I do not have $44 dollars to spend on a scarf. The thing I want you to see with this scarf is that the edges are frayed. Now guess what? You can achieve this look with some flannel and a little pulling of threads. The best part is that it will not cost $44 ( you're welcome)



  Lets get started! 
What you'll need :
  • 2-2.5 yards of Flannel fabric of your choice (I suggest looking at Jo-Ann Fabrics)       ($8.99 a yard and if you have coupons that is even better!)
  • Scissors
How to Make a Blanket Scarf

1. You will need to go shopping for some fabric!


2.Get your materials together.


3. Use the Flannel pattern as a guide, trim each side of your fabric.


4. Grab the loose threads and pull them down gently, fraying the edges of the scarf. Keep doing this until you have your desired amount of fraying.


5. Wrap yourself up in your beautiful new scarf!


         These scarves are great to give as gifts and since Christmas is right around the corner, why not make some for your friends and family! And yes ... guys can pull off a blanket scarf too! I hope you enjoyed this easy project! Have a great night!

xo,
Maria Elizabeth








2 comments: