Monday, January 19, 2015

DIY: Wire Bracelets


Hello beautiful people! I have seen wire bracelets everywhere recently from Etsy to Bourbon and Boweties. I never thought that I could make these lovely bracelets; although, back in the day, I used to love making jewelry. I don't know why I was wasting so much time not making them. These bracelets are gorgeous and can dress up any outfit.

Today I am going to take you through a step by step on how to master the perfect bracelet.

What you will need:


  • One kitchen glass to mold the bracelet
  • Basic bangles for measurements
  • 1 pair of snipping tools
  • 1 pair of needle nose pliers
  •  5-6 feet of 20 Gage Artistic Wire
  • 3- 4 moderately flat beads with holes through the center or on either side (I'd check Jo-Ann's or Michael's)

Step 1: Use the kitchen glass to wrap your wires. Each bracelet should have 2-3 wraps of wire around them. Place the wire on the glass then tighten the bracelet to your desired size. Be sure that one wire measures about 9 inches and the other end of the wire is much longer (about a foot).


Step 2: Take the shorter end of the wire and wrap around 1-2 times to hold the wires in place.


Step 3: Add stone #1 to the open wire and push it down to the coil. Wrap the wire 2-3 times on each side.


Step 4: Take the extra wire you have and wrap it around the stone or bead.



Step 5: Snip off any excess wire so that it does not cut you while wearing.

Step 6: Repeat steps 1-5 for the next two stones *REMEMBER* The long side of wire has to be used for 2 more stones so only go around the stone  2-3 times to ensure you have enough wire.

Step 7: MAKE A BUNCH!


I hope you enjoy making these bracelets as much as I did! 

Check out Art and Soul Beads or try searching on Etsy for some flat beads!

xo,

Maria Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. These bracelets are beautiful. The directions and pictures make it look easy.

    ReplyDelete